Site User Terms and Conditions
The terms “you” and “user” as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the website for any reason. The terms “NNA” and “FindaNotary.com” are inclusive and refer to the National Notary Association.
These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement made between you and the National Notary Association (“NNA,” “we,” “us,” or “our” collectively) concerning your access to and use of the FindaNotary.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
Acceptance of Terms
Directory Content and Use
FindaNotary.com is an online directory and searchable database that connects users with Notaries Public for their needs. The information available on the Site, including Notary profiles, service descriptions, and contact information, is provided by the Notaries themselves and is intended for informational purposes only.
While we strive to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information provided by the Notaries on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Site and any reliance on the information therein is at your own risk.
By using FindaNotary.com, you agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe on the rights or restrict or inhibit the use of the Site by other users. You agree not to:
(1) Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely represent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(2) Use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purposes, including the infringement upon the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of others;
(3) Violate any applicable laws or regulations, including the violation of the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others;
(4) Transmit or post any material that is defamatory, offensive, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
(5) Use the Site to harass, threaten, or cause distress to any person or entity;
(6) Distribute or transmit any form of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam, or any other form of solicitation;
(7) Use any automated means or form of scraping to access, copy, or otherwise use the Site content;
Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. The NNA provides these links solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the NNA, its affiliates, or their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to, loss of profits, data, use, or goodwill, arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Site or its contents even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree that these Terms and any disputes hereunder are governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law principles. You agree that the sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising from your use of the Site shall be an appropriate federal or state court located in Los Angeles, California. The Material (as defined below) may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The NNA makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site or the Material. The use of the Site and the Material is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Website and may be made at any time.
Intellectual Property Rights
The NNA authorizes you to view the Material on FindaNotary.com solely for your personal, noncommercial use. The contents of this website, such as text, data, information submitted by you, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software, and other material (the “Material”), are protected under United States and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All Material is the property of the NNA or its content suppliers or clients. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of the NNA and protected by foreign and U.S. copyright. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, or create derivative works from any part of the Site, Directory or the Material for any purpose without our express written permission.
The use of the Material on any other website or in a networked computer environment is prohibited without express written permission from the National Notary Association. You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that the NNA creates to generate its pages.
Website Security Rules
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security features of the website, including, without limitation:
(1) Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account that the user is not authorized to access;
(2) Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any of NNA’s IT systems or networks, or to breach security or authentication measures of the foregoing;
(3) Attempting to interfere with the functioning or use of the Site or any of NNA’s IT systems or networks, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing” or “crashing” any of the foregoing;
(4) Sending unsolicited emails, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or
(5) Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting;
Violations of any of the foregoing may result in civil or criminal liability. The NNA will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
The NNA specifically prohibits and all users agree not to use the Site for any of the following:
(1) Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site;
(2) Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this website’s infrastructure;
(3) Disclosing or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose, if you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of the website;
(4) Attempting to decipher, recompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the website.
(6) Making any unauthorized commercial use of the website.
THE NNA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, THE NNA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE WEBSITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE NNA, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE NNA MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS AND LINKS.